Archive for January 2009
Companies using AWS (Cloud Technology). Read the case studies to determine if its right for your business to move into the cloud.
Abaca, a spam blocking application, chooses Amazon EC2 as a low-cost computing alternative after they surpass their estimated growth rate.
AdaptiveBlue builds a secure and instantly scalable business as well as an effective monetization platform using Amazon Associates Web Service and Amazon S3.
DigitalChalk powers its easy-to-use application for creating, delivering, and managing online training videos using Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and Amazon SQS.
HostedFTP.com, a File Transfer Protocol (FTP) replacement solution for businesses, hosts their file sharing system on Amazon S3 and EC2.
LiveLeader estimates that they’ve saved nearly $200,000 by deploying their live chat tool for business on Amazon Web Services.
Mailtrust, who hosts email accounts for more than 100,000 businesses worldwide, uses Amazon S3 for their backup solution, cutting costs by more than 75%.
Built from the ground up using Amazon Web Services, Morph Labs markets a “full service” deployment, delivery and management system for web applications.
rPath saves $80,000 by migrating 7,000 software appliance images from rBuilder Online to Amazon S3.
To accommodate their growing business, Smartsheet—a web-based solution for managing tasks, projects and processes—turns to Amazon S3 for document storage.
Amazon EC2 allows Techout to horizontally scale virtual monitoring instances with speed and at low cost whenever and wherever they’re needed around the world2
A very popular cheat sheet.
Thanks to: cheat-sheet.org
- CSS – single page – available in pdf and png formats.
- CSS 1 – pdf – two pages.
- CSS 2 – pdf – two pages.
- CSS – multiple pages, so not really a cheat sheet, but still quite useful. In html format, but with well formatted printing option.
- HTML elements – html format – prints over four pages.
- XMHTL elements – pdf format – two pages.
- HTML entities – good reference for all those © and type things. Single page pdf and png.
- Colour chart – in hexadecimal – image on one page. Just the web safe colours – even though this is now pretty much outdated.
- Colour chart – decimal version. – also in hex.
- Regular Expressions – every programmer should love regex – pdf and png.
- C – pdf – 1 page in A4 and US letter formats.
- PHP – cheat sheet in pdf and png.
- PHP – cheat sheet in pdf format – two pages.
- Python – cheat sheet – html format – prints in five pages.
- Ruby on Rails – single page pdf and png format.
- Java Server Pages – pdf two pages.
- Java programming – long cheat sheet – 11 pages in pdf format.
- ASP / VB Script – cheat sheet – png and pdf.
- XSL – pdf – 2 pages.
- XSLT – pdf – 2 pages.
- CVS – html – one page – very basic.
- CVS – pdf – two pages – in A4 and US letter format – comprehensive.
- Subversion – pdf – two pages.
- MySQL – cheat sheet – single page – png and pdf.
- MySQL 4.02 – pdf – two pages.
- PostgreSQL – html – two pages.
- VI – two pages – pdf format.
- VI – one page – pdf.
- emacs – pdf – 1 page.
- Ascii codes – html – 1 to 2 pages.
- Google Quick guide – reference on basic and advanced search commands – html format – 2 pages.
- Windows Command Line – html format – 4 pages when printed.
- Unix command line – html format – 8 pages when printed (but could you do it in any less??)
- Debian Linux – two pages – pdf.
- mod_rewrite – the apache module – one page in pdf and png – another beauty from ilovejackdaniels.com.
- Apache – general apache directives – html – 1 page.
- SQL reference – html format – 2 pages when printed.
- Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows – html – 6 pages.
- UML – pdf – single A4 page.